Genwest services a niche market specialising in supply and maintenance of lighting towers and generators, the newly created position of Leading Hand will be responsible for coordinating the maintenance team in addition to supporting the Maintenance Manager and Sales Coordinator with customer requirements.
To be successful in this role you should bring a skill set and standard of personal conduct that will add value to our team. You should have a passion for your trade that drives you to produce quality work and develop the skill of our apprentices.
You will be required to:
- Support the Maintenance Manager with job allocation, employee movements and ordering of parts.
- Support the maintenance team with diagnostics & fault finding, servicing & repairs, skill development and attending field service call outs.
- Receive in equipment returns and new hire equipment.
- Travel to various sites throughout WA, including overnight stays.
To succeed in this position, you should have:
- Ideally, WA ‘A’ Grade Electrical licence with a mechanical aptitude or, Certificate III in Engineering (Heavy Diesel Fitter/Mechanic or a similar relevant trade qualification)
- A desire to motivate, encourage and inspire the team ensuring a professional, proactive and value driven culture.
- A commitment to producing quality work, ensuring high standards are reinforced.
- The ability to work as part of a larger team across the business.
- A strong commitment to safe work practices with the ability to identify and implement corrective actions where necessary.
- Current WA “C” Class driver’s licence
- The ability to meet client site access requirements.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to build a rewarding career in a growing organisation.
- Hourly rate $65 p/h +
- Motor vehicle
- Increase your take home pay through salary packaging (if eligible)
- Choice between 5:2 or 5:2/4:3 roster
Preference will be given to Kalgoorlie residential applicants or those willing to relocate.
With our head office in Kalgoorlie and a new branch in Perth, Genwest was established in late 2008 to supply specialised hire services to the mining industry, Genwest is a member of the Statewest Group.
To apply please upload your resume to our external HR Business Partner, The People & Culture Office. Shortlisting will commence immediately.