Statewest Group delivers quality and reliability to the electrical sectors of mining, industry and government organisations. We are currently seeking Qualified Electricians / Instrumentation Technicians for ongoing installation, maintenance and project work.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, to be successful in this role you should bring a skill set and standard of personal conduct that will add value to our team.
You should have a passion for your trade that drives you to produce quality work and develop the skill of our apprentices.
You will be working as a part of a much larger mine site based operation, therefore we expect you to be polite, friendly and able to contribute to a harmonious work environment.
You will be required to:
- Complete daily electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities as per our client requirements
- Ensure all electrical work is completed and recorded in line with statutory regulations and requirements.
- Assist with electrical isolations and permitting when required.
- Trouble shooting electrical components and control systems to determine causes of failures including gathering of failure evidence for further analysis.
You will ensure that all work practices, procedures meet standards and statutory requirements, whilst also identifying ongoing continuous improvement opportunities within the workplace.
Required skills and experience:
- WA ‘A’ Grade Electrical licence.
- High Voltage switching ticket. (Desirable)
- Cert IV Electrical Instrumentation. (Desirable)
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Current EWP ticket,
- Current WA “C” Class driver’s licence.
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months.
- The ability to meet client site access requirements.
The position will be a 5/2 roster with a requirement for occasional weekend and overtime duties.
Preference will be given to Kalgoorlie residential applicants or those willing to relocate.
Wondering what it is like to live & work in Kalgoorlie? Find out more here https://thepeopleandcultureoffice.com/living-working-in-kalgoorlie-boulder/
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to build a rewarding career.
- A flat hourly rate of $55 p/h – $65 p/h
- Increase your take home pay through salary packaging (if eligible)
To apply please upload your resume to our external HR Business Partner, The People & Culture Office. Shortlisting will commence immediately.